How much Do You Know about the Tap Water That you Drink?
We Did a little research for you.
H2O OR WATER
NORMAL MAN 57% OF BODY WEiGHT
NEWBORN iNFANT AS HiGH AS 75%
DO YOU DRiNK YOUR LOCAL WATER SUPPLY?
iF YES, SO YOU ARE AWARE OF CHLORiNE AND fluoride.
Chlorine is a chemical that prevents bacteria from growing.
Chlorine poisoning occurs
when someone swallows or breathes in (inhales) chlorine.
WOULD YOU DRiNK STRAiT CHLORiNE? HELL NO. ..
BUT ITS OK WHEN WE JUST ADD SOME WATER TO IT RIGHT?
JUST DELUDES IT A BIT..
SO YOU CAN ABSORB IT THROUGH YOU SKIN IN A HOT TUB TOO
RIGHT? HMMMM.. Ice, fountain drinks, hot tubs, swimming pools,
- Chlorine was discovered by Karl Wilhelm Scheele, a swedish chemist, in 1774
- in 1810, chlorine was named and classified as and element by Humphrey Davy.- Chlorine has also been used during World War I. It was first introduced as a weapon on April 22, 1915 at Ypres by the Germans. The results of this weapon were disastrous because gas makes had not yet been invented. But, some compounds of chlorine are more dangerous and have replaced chlorine gas on the battle field. They are phosgene, chloropicrin, Lewsite, and mustard gas.
Liquid chlorine burns the skin and gaseous chlorine irritates the mucus membranes. Concentrations of the gas as low as 3.5 parts per million can be detected by smell while concentrations of 1000 parts per million can be fatal after a few deep breaths.
- 1847 - Chlorine was first used as a disinfectant in Vienna to prevent the spread of "child bed fever".
- 1890's - The use of chlorine becomes commonplace in English municipal water systems.
- 1908: A U.S. public water supply is chlorinated for the first time at Boonton reservoir supply, Jersey City, NJ. This inexpensive treatment method produces water that is 20 times purer than filtered water. Contested in the courts, a city's right to chlorinate its water supply was upheld as a safeguard to public health. This action paved the way for chlorination throughout America's drinking water supplies.
- 1918 - Over one-thousand cities in the United States use chlorination for drinking water supplies.
- 1970 - Twenty-thousand chlorinated water municipalities exist in the United States.
Soooo, looks like chlorine has been in drinking water for roughly 105 years..
Did they do long term tests on rats or humans to see if it causes cancer,
before they added it to public drinking water...
- my grandpa said that they use to put it in the cows drinking water on his farms,
to sedate the herd.... ?????
Its in water, toothpaste, factory chemical waste...?....